An Output (Relay) Module can be put in Normal mode or in Roller/Shutter mode.
In its default mode the Output Module switches 8 electrical circuits, but the Module can also switch to Roller/Shutter mode to control 4 roller shutters:
- Each of the 4 AC connectors are coupled and used to control the up and down action of a roller shutter:
- Roller Shutter couple 1: Output 1 & 2
- Roller Shutter couple 2: Output 3 & 4
- Roller Shutter couple 3: Output 5 & 6
- Roller Shutter couple 4: Output 7 & 8
- The 2 relays that control the 2 actions of each roller shutter cannot be switched on at the same time to prevent damage to the motor.
- Enabling Roller Shutter Mode:
- Before entering the "module discover start" command press the button next to the programming connector for 5 seconds
- The LEDs of outputs 1, 3, 5, 7 (= 4 sets of roller shutters) will blink several times to indicate that the Module is now in Roller Shutter Mode
- The Module's ID has now changed to "R"
- Disabling Roller Shutter Mode:
- To restore the Module to its (default) state, press the press the button next to the programming connector for 5 seconds before entering the "module discover start" command
- All 8 output LEDs will blink several times to indicate that the Module is now in its default mode
- The Module's ID has now changed to "O" (default)
In the Roller/Shutter Mode, 2 outputs of a couple will never be ON together and their is a delay between the 2 outputs. For example output 1 is on and we want to change direction (switch on output 2). The Master controller will tell the output module to activate output 2, the output module will first switch off output 1, wait 500ms and then activate output 2.