Output Module Release Notes
The Output Module firmware is published as Open Source since firmware release V2.1.x. Below you'll find all the changes since that release.
The firmware updates happening in the Openmotics portal (Settings - Update) contain not only the firmware update of the Master, but also the firmware of other modules as well as the updates for the Beagle Bone Black. All these different firmware updates are assembled in a package which get's a general version number. This version number which you see in the portal is not the same as the Firmware Version of the Master. To check which firmware version is installed on the Master or any other module, in the Openmotics portal, go to Settings - Maintenance and open maintenance mode by pressing the Connect button. Type the instruction
firmware version to read the Master Firmware version.
- Since the init button could also be used to change output state of initialised output modules resulting in a non-in-sync-state with the master and thus the cloud, this functionality has been limited for non-initialised modules only.
- Led saver mode is disabled in other words, the led functionality will remain active even when the Master requested to go in led power safe mode.
- When the module isn't initialised yet, and the output is changed by using the init button, the state will be programmed in eeprom. When the module restart due to a power reset, the last relay state will be restored.
- At Startup, all relays are put in OFF position when the module isn't initialised yet
- When the relays are being put in OFF state at startup, it will happen but 2 relays at a time to minimise current (A) at startup.
- When the module is in output ON/OFF mode (short press on the init mode), the module can also be put output/roller shutter mode when using a long press
- At Startup, all relays are always put in OFF position
- At Startup, a front panel LED sequence is executed (sequentially all LEDs ON and OFF + simultaneously all LEDs ON). After that, the module shortly indicates its current mode:
- All eight 1-8 LEDs flashing: Normal mode
- Only four of the 1-8 LEDs flashing: Roller/shutter mode
- When changing mode (5 second press on the Init Button), all relays are always switched OFF
- The Init Button can also be used to switch ON/OFF relays
- A short press will put the module in Manual Output Change mode
- The currently selected output will be indicated by the corresponding flashing 1-8 LED
- A long press (+/- 1.5 seconds) will toggle the currently selected output' state
- The module will remain in Manual Output Change mode for 1 minute, if the Init Button is used again, the timer is reset and the module will remain in Manual Output Change mode for the next minute
- When Outputs are changed through Manual Output Change mode, a difference can exist between the effective output state in the Master module. The next communication between the Master in the Manual adapter module will bring back both in sync (The Output module will take the state of the Master)