Difference between revisions of "HP Module Release Notes"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
== V6.0.6 ==
== V6.0.6 ==
=== Resolved bugs ===
=== Resolved bugs ===
Revision as of 13:33, 9 January 2022
- 1 General
- 2 V6.0.6
- 3 V6.0.5
- 4 V6.0.4
- 5 V6.0.3
- 6 V6.0.2
- 7 V6.0.1
The HP Module firmware is published as Open Source since firmware release V6.0.x. Below you'll find all the changes since that release.
The firmware updates happening in the Openmotics portal (Settings - Update) contain not only the firmware update of the Master, but also the firmware of other modules as well as the updates for the Beagle Bone Black. All these different firmware updates are assembled in a package which get's a general version number. This version number which you see in the portal is not the same as the Firmware Version of the Master. To check which firmware version is installed on the Master or any other module, in the Openmotics portal, go to Settings - Maintenance and open maintenance mode by pressing the Connect button. Type the instruction
firmware version to read the Master Firmware version.
- V6.x.y only works with Gen 3 hardware
- For more information, see HP Tips & tricks during installation and troubleshooting
- Eeprom Memory model has been changed to allow future parameters for PID configuration
- This new memory model has been implemented in this version
- When the Thermostat setpoint is updated in the Master (by using CLI instruction "thermostat setpoint write"), these setpoints are distributed to the HVAC module by a modified RS485 instruction.
- UART Debug information has been extended with more information
- The PID filter output is linked to the DAC outputs of the HVAC module
- When a Setpoint Min (for cooling) or Max (for heating) is specified and a higher setpoint is written by the Master, the HVAC module will automatically limit this setpoint
- When a setpoint in the HVAC module changes, it will write this updated value in eeprom which guarantees that the correct setpoint is used when the module resets or communication is lost
- A failsafe setpoint temperature is added: When the module goes in failsafe or just after startup of the HVAC module, this thermostat failsafe setpoint temperature is loaded.
- When performing a factory reset, the ID's of the Sensor module didn't got erased. This release solves this issue.
- Failsafe function has been added:
- When RS485 power is lost, the HVAC module goes in Failsafe warning state
- When power is lost for more then 30 seconds, The HVAC module goes in failsafe state (actions can now be linked to this failsafe state)
- When power was lost for more then 2 seconds and then restored, the HVAC module will reset
- Execution time and execution setting for each PID filter has been added
- Maximum Temperature Setpoint per PID filter has been added
- Heating/Cooling per PID filter has been added
- Heating has his own set of PID parameters
- Cooling has his own set of PID parameters
- An eeprom setting will define, for each PID filter, if it's configured as heating or cooling PID filter
- Sensor measurement frequency has been added: Eeprom parameter 95 will set the sensor refresh rate. This will allow the user to set the correct sensor measurement rate.
- Sensor debug information via direct UART has been added: This can be configured via eeprom parameter 94.
- PID epic has been added:
- Eeprom Memory model has been created, see HP Tips & tricks during installation and troubleshooting
- Loading of all PID parameters from eeprom
- Checking loaded PID parameters, abnormal values will be overruled by default values
- 2 simultaneous PID filters can run, this can be extended to maximum 6
- Each PID filter can be linked to it's own temperature sensor and output (configurable via eeprom parameters)
- All PID parameters can be programmed via CLI instruction "eeprom write"
- When a PID Eeprom parameter has been changed, it will be automatically loaded in RAM memory and will be active immediately
- UART debugging has been added for testing and setting the right PID parameters
- Factory Reset RS485 instruction has been added: The Master can perform a Factory reset of the HVAC module.
- This version supports the automatic detection of the HP module on the Brain(+)
- When a new module is linked to a Brain, the Brain will do the automatic handshaking and will add the HP module
- An output module and a sensor module will be added without user intervention
- When performing "error list" in the CLI will give you the following result (modules with "H" are HP modules):
error list --- Total Uptime: 000426 Hours, Last Startup: 15:01:19 28/12/21 --- --- Module Type: BRAIN, RS485 mode: 0, Board: 28'C --.--V --.--A --- --- PWR RS485/CAN: 1/1, CANTERM: 1, BB Debug: 255, Fw: 1.0.120 --- -------Output------------ID---------Err-------Status--------Pwr--- 00 (l I 000->007) 108.000.000.000 00000 GOOD (000) 1 01 (O H 008->015) 079.190.070.000 00000 GOOD (000) 0 -------Input-------------ID---------Err-------Status--------Pwr--- 00 (i I 000->007) 105.000.000.000 00000 GOOD (000) 1 01 (b C 008->015) 098.000.000.001 00000 GOOD (000) 1 02 (I E 016->023) 073.108.217.179 00000 GOOD (016) 1 -------Sensor------------ID---------Err-------Status--------Pwr--- 00 (s C 000->007) 115.000.000.000 00000 GOOD (064) 1 01 (T H 008->015) 084.190.070.000 00000 GOOD (016) 0 -------CAN Control-------ID---------Err-------Status--------Pwr--- 00 (C E 000->000) 067.051.255.000 00000 GOOD (016) 1 -------Micro CAN---------ID---------Err-------Status--------Pwr--- 00 (m C 000->000) 100.005.051.245 00000 GOOD (000) 1 OK
- This version supports remote reading/writing of the built-in eeprom.
- With the CLI instruction "eeprom read", it's possible to read the eeprom content of a remote RS485 slave module
- With the CLI instruction "eeprom write", it's possible to write the eeprom of a remote RS485 slave module
- RS485 instruction "Read Slave Eeprom" have been added
- RS485 instruction "Write Slave Eeprom" have been added
- I2C framework has been implemented to read write front panel, sensors and AD converter
- Front panel logic has been implemented: Control of front panel leds and button
- Read/write of the AD IC's (AD7995)
- NTC support:
- Flexible conversion table for NTC 5K has been added so other NTC types can be easily supported/added in the future
- Conversion ADC value to temperature
- Read of all 6 NTC temperature sensors
- SHT30 support:
- I2C driver for SHT30
- Read motherboard temperature
- Read motherboard humidity
- Relay support:
- 6 relays have been programmed
- Linked to output value so 1 value from the Master will trigger all relays in the correct position
- RS485 support:
- Switching between sending and receiving
- Sending messages
- Receiving messages
- Discover & Live mode
- Manual adding of the output module with init button
- Manual adding of the sensor module with init button
- Firmware version and serial read is supported
- Switching outputs ON/OFF
- Reading sensor values (including value PCB sensor)
- Button support
- Factory reset at startup when button is pressed for more then 5 seconds
- In discovery mode, pressing the button will initiate manual discovery mode