Installing using a OpenMotics writer SD card
The OpenMotics software will be installed on the eMMC on-board flash storage of the BeagleBone Black.
The image is based on Angström Linux 2012.12 and contains extra packages:
The linux kernel is patched with 2 patches:
- one patch that implements the RS485 driver in omap-serial
- one patch that enables the watchdog timer on startup.
Small patches have been applied to the u-boot bootloader:
- boot is set to the eMMC on-board flash storage
- the boot delay is set to 0 seconds
- the watchdog timer is enabled in u-boot