Explanation of the Output buttons
Buttons on the Output module
On the Output module, you have 2 buttons:
- The init button
- The status button
The init button is used to perform the initialization of the module when the system is in Init mode. When a module is in init mode, the Status led will be ON and the module can be added to the system when not yet done. Further explanation can be found in System cloud setup how to setup the modules.
Mode selection function
The init button is also used to select between normal output mode or Roller/shutter mode.
In its default mode the Output Module switches 8 electrical circuits, but the Module can also switch to Roller/Shutter mode to control 4 roller shutters:
- Each of the 4 AC connectors are coupled and used to control the up and down action of a roller shutter:
- Roller Shutter couple 1: Output 1 & 2
- Roller Shutter couple 2: Output 3 & 4
- Roller Shutter couple 3: Output 5 & 6
- Roller Shutter couple 4: Output 7 & 8
- The 2 relays that control the 2 actions of each roller shutter cannot be switched on at the same time to prevent damage to the motor.
- Enabling Roller Shutter Mode:
- Before entering the "module discover start" command press the button next to the programming connector for 5 seconds
- The LEDs of outputs 1, 3, 5, 7 (= 4 sets of roller shutters) will blink several times to indicate that the Module is now in Roller Shutter Mode
- The Module's ID has now changed to "R"
- Disabling Roller Shutter Mode:
- To restore the Module to its (default) state, press the press the button next to the programming connector for 5 seconds before entering the "module discover start" command
- All 8 output LEDs will blink several times to indicate that the Module is now in its default mode
- The Module's ID has now changed to "O" (default)
In the Roller/Shutter Mode, 2 outputs of a couple will never be ON together and their is a delay between the 2 outputs. For example output 1 is on and we want to change direction (switch on output 2). The Master controller will tell the output module to activate output 2, the output module will first switch off output 1, wait 500ms and then activate output 2.
Changing between Normal mode and Roller/Shutter mode should be done before the module is added in the Master controller.
The status Button is used to switch ON the leds on the front panel (except the status and power led which will always remain active). The Openmotics system will switch off leds to save power. When pushing the status button, the leds will display the output status for a few seconds and then will switch off again. The leds can also be controlled by using Basic Action 64, see Action Types list.