AIO Release Notes
The Master firmware for the AIO will be published as Open Source once the module goes on sale.
This firmware is based on the new hardware of the AIO. This Master processor of the AIO is from the Microchip DSPIC33E family and the firmware is written in C
The firmware updates happening in the Openmotics portal (Settings - Update) contain not only the firmware update of the Master, but also the firmware of other modules as well as the updates for the Beagle Bone Black. All these different firmware updates are assembled in a package which get's a general version number. This version number which you see in the portal is not the same as the Firmware Version of the Master. To check which firmware version is installed on the Master, in the Openmotics portal, go to Settings - Maintenance and open maintenance mode by pressing the Connect button. Type the instruction
firmware version to read the Master Firmware version.
- Removing CAN bus when AIO was in ON state and after 10 minutes, reconnecting didn't bring back the CAN bus. CAN bus now comes back after +/-1 minute.
- When the power was applied and the date was not yet set for the first time, the Clock always started at 00:00:00. This release fixes this issue.
- API instruction "EV" has been added, see https://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/API_Reference_Guide_AIO
- API instruction "ER" has been added, see https://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/API_Reference_Guide_AIO
- New state machine checks sensor health every 2 minutes, if a sensor is not responding, API message ERR will be send
- If a sensor is not responding, the sensor value will be put on NA
- CLI instruction "health debug on" and "health debug off" has been added, see https://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/CLI_Reference_Guide_AIO
- When a sensor is not reporting a value, this will be printed on the console when health debug is on
- When a sensor is not reporting a value, an API ER message will always be sent to the BB even when health debug is off
- CLI instruction "change debug on" and "change debug off" has been added, see https://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/CLI_Reference_Guide_AIO
- When a sensor has received a value that is changed towards the old known value, and change debug is on, a message will be printed on the console
- When a sensor has received a value that is changed towards the old known value, an API EV message will always be sent to the BB even when the debug function is off