Stout Installation Page
- 1 Installation Guide
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Module installation and connectivity
- 1.3 Different type of modules used in the Stout installation
- 1.4 BOM of the Stout (Puurplus) installation
- 1.5 Installation guidelines
This page has been created to explain the general installation requirements for the Stout/Puurplus building.
Module installation and connectivity
- Detailed explanation how the modules must be connected can be found here
Different type of modules used in the Stout installation
- 12V Power supply: This is an AC-DC convertor that will deliver the needed power to the Openmotics system
- 24V Power supply: This is the power supply for the installed heating valves (13 valves for the floor heating, 2 valves for the installed Radiators)
- Gateway Module: This is the controller of the full system that is controlling the different RS485 buses (that interconnects the different modules) and manages the communication with the outside world. The RS485 bus is the bus that runs between the different modules, must have twisted pair cabling and can have a maximum length of 1200 Meters. see http://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/Gateway_Module_V2
- Input Module: This is an 8 ports input module to connect 8 switches (or moving sensors or others). See http://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/Input_Module
- Output Module: This is an 8 ports single pole relay module that can be used to switch any type of load (up to 16A). Please note that this relay module has 2 banks, each bank has 1 common used for 4 relays. If 1 bank is used at 230V, the 4 relays can only be used for 230V switching, if a bank is used for 12V switching, it’s imperative that those 4 banks are used only for 12V switching. Please also note that the output module has 2 modes: Normal output module or Roller/Shutter module. The switching between the 2 modes is done by applying a switch on the output modules. See http://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/Output_Module
- Dim Control Module: This is an 8 ports 0-10V output module that can be used to interconnect 0-10V dimmers or 0-10V heating valves. See http://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/Dim_Control_Module
- Temperature Module: This is an 8 ports sensor module that can be used to interconnect different types of environmental sensors (Temperature/humidity/brightness). See http://wiki.openmotics.com/index.php/Temperature_Module
- Power Module: This is an 8 ports 1 phase power measurement module to measure different electrical parameters (V, A, W, VA, kWh, kVAh, hz, pf, THD etc). 8 CT’s (open type so can be placed without disconnecting the electrical cable that must be measured) will be placed around the cable. Typically, the important circuits of high load equipment (dish washer and other), lightning and the total load are measured. The CT’s are placed at the exit of the circuit breaker around 1 cable (typically the phase).
BOM of the Stout (Puurplus) installation
OpenMotics will provide below material:
|Number||Module Type||Total T's|
|Power Supply 12VDC|
|Power Supply 24VAC|
|Gateway Module V2|
|Input Module 8 ports|
|Output Module 8 ports|
|Dim Control Module 8 ports|
|Temperature Module 8 ports|
|Niko universal Dimmer 0-10V|
|Power Measurement Module 1 phase 8 ports including 8 CT's|
|12DC Dual pole Relay 16A/230VAC|
This is how the modules are used:
- 5 Input modules are used to connect all the switches
- 1 Output module is used for the 8 dual pole relays of which 6 relays are used for the Heating/Cooling
- 2 Output modules are dedicated used as Shutter/Roller for the 7 sun screens
- 1 Output module for non-dimmed lights and switched outlets
- 1 Output module for the Heating valves:
- 3 Zones Floor heating/cooling 2nd floor (multiple Valves will be put in parallel)
- 1 Zone Floor heating/cooling 3nd floor (multiple Valves will be put in parallel)
- 2 Zone Radiator
- 1 Output module for the hot-air valves
- 2 Dim control modules for connection with 3 RTD-10 (Daikin Cooling)
- 3 Dim control modules for connection with 24 Niko dimmers
- 2 Temperature modules for connection temperature/humidity sensors
- 5 Temperature/humidity sensors to built-in together with the switches
- 5 Temperature sensors that will be built-in in the floor for dew-point control
- 1 Temperature sensor for outside temperature
- 3 Power measurement modules are used, 1 module per phase. Each module is able to measure 8 circuits by using CT's. Each CT will be placed around the cable to be measured, typically the phase or neutral line that leaves the circuit breaker and goes to the load. Please always use 1 CT per module to measure the total incoming power of the loft.
- The electrical cabinet must have sufficient space to house all modules. A first estimation including all dimmers requires a space of 180 modules, this however excludes all the standard electrical material like circuit breakers and others. We advise here to use at least 300 modules in total to be at the save side.
- The used power supplies (12 and 24V PS) of the OpenMotics system must be installed on a separate circuit breaker of 6A.
- In the installation of Stout, probably 2 electrical cabinets will be used (or 1 large cabinet). We would advise to put all OpenMotics modules and dimmers in 1 cabinet, the rest in the other cabinet. We would also advise to put the dimmers and output modules closest to the circuit breakers to make interconnectivity easier.
- Any type of switches can be used. However, since a lot of dimmers are used that needs the additional dimmer functionality, we strongly advise to use push buttons (any type, can be NO or NC) and NOT traditional switches. Traditional switches will also prevent to link additional functionality to a switch like long and short press functionality.
- The electrical cabinet needs a wired Ethernet connection (over UTP) to connect the Openmotics modules to the network. We also advise to have an UTP connection between this electrical Cabinet and the cabinet on the main floor to have interconnectivity when additional equipment should be needed on the main floor (like power measurement).
Install all the modules and install them so cabling is made as easy as possible. For examples, if the cables of the switches are arriving at the bottom of the cabinet, install the input modules at the bottom too to make cabling easier. The same applies for the output modules, install them close to the appropriate cabling. Switch off all circuit breakers before beginning any cabling activities.
Install the 12V and 24V Power supply. Wire only the 230V part to a separate circuit breaker of maximum 6A. Switch on the circuit breaker and test if both power supplies are OK. Please do not wire the 12V to the Gateway yet.
First wire all 230V cabling to the output modules and to the dimmers. The sun screens must be wired to 2 dedicated output modules. Some Output modules will remain unwired since the heating valves must be connected as well. if the information is available at the time of wiring, these can be wired as well.
Wire the 230V to each power module. 1 power module per phase is used since Stout is using a 3phase system so each power module will be cabled to 1 individual 230V phase.
Wire the CT’s to each phase of the circuit breaker that must be measured. Please note that the power modules are single phase and the Stout installation is triple phase so we provided 3 modules, each module for 1 phase. So the installed CT must be wired to the correct power module that is installed on the correct phase. In total 21 individual circuits + the 3 totals will be measured.
Wire the 0-10V cabling between the Dim Control Modules and the Niko Dimmers. Any low voltage cables can be used here.
Wire the switches to the input modules. Always use the same color coding: For examples, always use the brown pair for the GND and the other cables for the switches.
Wire the sensors to the temperature module.
In principles, all cabling should be done now except the 12V and the RS485 bus. First connect the 12VDC to the Gateway module (12V in). From the Gateway module (12V out), connect the 12VDC to all OpenMotics modules including the power modules. Secondly, connect the RS485 bus. Please note that 2 RS485 busses must be connected, Bus1 for all Modules (except the Power modules), Bus2 for the power modules only. On each bus, the last module must have the termination jumper set. Twisted pair must be used for both busses, normal low voltage cable (0,5mm2 or higher) for the the 12V connections.
Contact Openmotics for the setup, config, test and check. For any assistance or questions, you can always call on +32 498 881554 or sent a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org